Serendipity 3 | New York City, USA

What dining venue can keep a couple of travel bunnies in a line for in excess of 2.5 hours in the cold and dark of night?  The answer is Serendipity 3 on the Upper East side!

This dessert place has always been on my list of places to go not just for the amazing sounding food but because of the magic décor inside.  Now I knew that the venue would not take reverberations (I mean – this is NYC) but when we arrived late one evening and were told to leave our name at the door and come back in 2-3 hours I almost fell off (my imaginary) chair!  Knowing that there was not much open in the area at that time of night and it being close to freezing outside, I decided that we would strike up a friendly conversation with the lady manning the door (who I vividly remember to be more like a Christmas Grinch keeping away all the excited patrons from entering the store).  This was the best move we could have made as it meant that we could wait in the air-conditioned warmth just aside the inner door and I am sure we also sneaked a couple of places up the list.

Inside, it was like Disneyland in a restaurant and with the place made up for the festive season it was particularly beautiful.  After being shown to a seat upstairs, we took a token glance at the mammoth menu and decided on a Frrrozen Hot Chocolate ($8.95USD), a Forbidden Broadway Sundae ($15USD) which came with chocolate blackout cake, ice cream, hot fudge topped with whipped cream and a Serendipitous Hot Chocolate ($6USD).  Now size counts for everything when it comes to desert and Serendipity 3 does not disappoint.

As we walked out of the store at close to closing time I really was feeling the buzz of all the sugar from the desserts and I can honestly say that the wait is worth it!

Total bunnie dollars spent $29.95USD (excluding tips)




















Serendipity 3 on Urbanspoon



View Larger Map

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment