Vie Bar & Restaurant | Palazzo Versace, MAIN BEACH QLD 4217

Vie Bar + Restaurant at the Palazzo Versace was one of my favourite restaurants to visit, especially when I'm back on the coast. Every time when my parents come back to visit, I would always get a table outside on the terrace for them, so that the three of us could catch up over a three-course meal and soak up some sun.

The other travel bunnie and I went back to the coast for the recent long weekend and decided to take mum there for a nice lunch.

It seemed that the standards at the restaurant had dropped since my last visit. Although the entrées were quite nice, the main meals took close to an hour to come out, and when they finally did, the pan roasted corn fed chicken breast was really dry and the slow roasted Tasmanian Aberdeen Angus beef sirloin was tough to chew (possibly from sitting under the food heat lamps for way too long as both the plates were extremely hot to touch).

The highlight of our lunch was definitely the desserts: tiramisu, vanilla bean panna cotta, with baby rhubarb compote and chocolate fudge cake, served with house peanut brittle and Makers Mark ice cream. Yes my spoon plunged into every single one of those desserts and I loved them all!

I wish the service and the main course could've been better to make it a perfect lunch date with mum.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $156.

















Vie Bar & Restaurant on Urbanspoon



View Larger Map

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment