Spaghetti House | Shop B,120 Boundary Street, WEST END QLD 4101

As we crossed over the road from our American feast at PJ's, a pleasant aroma of cooked garlic, freshly grated parmesan and uncorked red wine triggered my nerves. Our eyes tracked down the the source of this smell and we found The Spaghetti House. It has a fairly small shopfront with a number of tables outside on the walkway. It was like I had no control over my feet and I had to go in and check it out.

The restaurant is decorated with elegant gilded mirrors hanging off the walls and at the back of the restaurant, you will find a quaint terrace. Without any hesitation, we made a reservation for dinner for the next night.

Well, that reservation made my day a whole lot smoother than usual. All I could think about for the two hours prior to the clock ticking over five o’clock was thinly sliced prosciutto wrapped around fresh figs. And that's how we started our dinner.

In fact, a plate of figs wrapped with prosciutto in cheese sauce ($15.90) with dipping bread on the side was our shared entree and gosh that cheese sauce was good, I literately finished the whole dish in 5 minutes. I mean, yes I was being conscious of my image as a newly wedded bunnie, but when the food was that good, forget about it! I would've drank that sauce if I could.

As for the main course, I had the lobster linguine special ($26.90) and the other travel bunnie had the beef cheek hand pulled pasta ($22.90). They were both really pleasant, but I expected the flavours to be more intense. Perhaps the entrée was too perfect and anything we had afterward simply would not meet our expectations.

The other highlight of the night would have to be the excellent service provided by The Spaghetti House. All the waitstaff were smartly dressed and they felt like they were happy to be there. Everyone had a smile on their face despite the dinner service being extremely busy.

Ever since that night I've been day dreaming about prosciutto wrapped figs for God knows how many times. I think that's my next goal, to learn how to make that dish (or put on a cute face so that the other travel bunnie can take me there on demand *insert evil laughs*).

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $79.70.















Spaghetti House on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment