Gramercy Espresso & Eats, 200 Edward Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD

'Bonjour' I murmured to the other travel bunnie before I could even open my eyes. It was Saturday morning at seven-thirty and I had my first French class at UQ scheduled at ten.

Of course, it wouldn't be possible for me to concentrate at class on an empty stomach. I was in need of a cafe close by, something quick but decent. I remembered seeing a quaint cafe in the Wintergarden one day and thought that I should try it out.

So I packed my textbooks and notepad into my bright red GST (perfect colour I thought, to keep a French theme as I was wearing a blue-and-white striped t-shirt with 'Pairs, j'taime' written on it) and off we went.

We hopped two blocks away and Gramercy had just opened. As soon as I saw the place, memories from New York rushed back before my eyes. I felt like I was in Manhattan again, but without the cold weather. Even though the cafe shop was small, it was big enough to include all the essentials.

The menu was simple with six dishes, including all the usuals one craves in the morning. Since I was sort of in a rush, I had Bircher Muesli w' berries, honey and yoghurt ($7.6) with a latte ($4). The other travel bunnie felt like something slightly more greasy, so he ordered the Bacon Butty w' fried egg and onion jam ($9.60) and a pot of English Breakfast ($3.80).

Our breakfast was made from scratch in front of us and it's always good to know that what your eating is fresh. I'm usually not a big fan of muesli, I had this perception in my mind that it's too healthy and not filling (for some strange reason). Having said that, the bircher muesli from Gramercy was superb. It had loads of fruit and plentiful quality honey on top of creamy Greek yoghurt. I absolutely loved it and nothing was left in my bowl because I scrapped it clean...and licked the spoon.

In fact, I liked my breakfast so much, I forgot to try a bite of the other travel bunnie's Bacon Butty, but from what I've heard, it was pretty good.

Gramercy kicked start my day on a perfect note. Oh and have I mentioned that the coffee was tasty too?

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $25.













Gramercy Espresso & Eats on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment