My Thai Restaurant, 113 Haig Road, AUCHENFLOWER QLD 4066


Ever since our trip to Thailand about five months ago, I developed this hankering for Thai cuisine. Once in a while, I have massive cravings for fluffy coconut rice, the smell of stir fried basil leaves and the spiciness of red, hot chillies in a curry dish.

Last Friday was one of those days.

We had been to My Thai once before, but it was at an early stage of our relationship, a stage where it was too awkward and impolite to ask the other travel bunnie not to touch his food until I'd finished madly clicking away on my DSLR.

I'm glad that we are way past that period.

My Thai gets extremely busy at night, so busy that they have to do two seating each night. Reservations are strongly recommended.

We were seated at a table next to their in-room water feature and it immediately reminded me of the place that we stayed at in Phuket.

We already knew what we wanted to eat. The Golden Parcels ($9.50) for entree, which are crispy wontons filled with water chestnuts, grounded chicken and fresh herbs and spices. They are served with a sweet and tangy chilli sauce. For mains, we had duck with sweet basil ($27.50) and Panaeng chicken curry ($22.90), served with coconut rice ($3.50 per person).

As usual, I found the other travel bunnie's duck dish extremely tasty and bursting with flavour.

We finished our meal with a dessert of black sticky rice with ice cream ($7.90).

I think My Thai is slightly overpriced but the food is nevertheless tasty.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $78.20. 











My Thai Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment