St Elmo, 22 Fletcher Street, BYRON BAY NSW 2481


Before the other travel bunnie took me to Byron Bay for our anniversary weekend, it never occurred to me that I would be able to find good food there - narrow minded I guess.

On the Saturday night of our stay, we drove down the main street of the Byron CBD and turned into a quite side street where this restaurant is located. I swallowed my saliva, slightly worried about the fact that there was barely anyone in sight. As we stepped into St Elmo, it took me by surprise to see that this funky, Spanish tapas restaurant was so alive. The restaurant was filled with laughter, music and the aromatic smell of a mixture of great food.

We were led to our table by our happy waitress who was dressed in a very smart uniform. Both food and drinks arrived promptly and we proceeded to munch away like two very hungry…bunnies.

As usual, we ordered a lot of food, but our favourite was definitely the seared Harvey Bay scallops wrapped to torzino with cauliflower puree, cress & radish salad ($4.75 each). On that note, their soft shell crab slider with smoked chilli aioli, parsley & piquilo salad ($8.50 each) was fantastic too, it was so good that the other travel bunnie was tempted to order another one, luckily this bunnie was sensible and stopped him just in time. Both of the specials of the night were also divine and the various different dishes were delivered to our table with a perfect gap between each.

We had a lovely time at St Elmo and we think it’s an awesome place to go to if you get a chance to travel to Byron.

Total Bunnie dollars Spent: $99.75















 


St Elmo on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Haha, oh snap!
    I loved this place, I was so excited to find it in Byron.... wish it could move to Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning C! I totally agree with you. I facebook stalked them before we went there and apparently the whole team when to NYC for inspiration. Very impressive.

      Delete
  2. Very yummy my mouth waters several times on every photo

    ReplyDelete