Char Char Yiros, Cnr Russell & Boundary Streets, WEST END QLD 4101

Char Char Yiros (CCY) is not about glamour or being a restaurant with a million-dollar view. This Greek barbecue establishment located at the corner of Russell & Boundary Streets in the hip West End provides quality food with very reasonable price tags. 

I developed my passion for Greek food after meeting my gorgeous boyfriend (a.k.a "the other travel bunny") and now I regularly demand authentic Greek food to munch on. 

We arrived at CCY on a Friday night and the queue was already out the door, but I didn't mind waiting as it provided me with more time to decide on which meal to choose from their mouthwatering menu while enjoying the tantalising smell of charcoal cooked meat. We ended having saganaki w' salad, open lamb yiros and lamb chops w' haloumi & salad all for under $50! 

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal sitting outside watching people and cars go by. The saganaki was soooo awesome, it was served with salad with balsamic vinegar and tomato relish. You've gotta try it! 

If you are going there with your friends, I would recommend that at least one of you stay outside to secure a table as the this place can get extremely busy and seats can be scarce. Alternatively, you can enjoy your food next door at the Rumpus Room next door with a drink purchase. 

Bon appétit, boys and girls.  












Char Char Yiros on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I am now craving Greek food. Bring on Paniyiri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it!!!! I can't wait! I'm planning on staying there all day to pig out!

      Delete