Comfort at My Table, Shop 5,19-23 Cribb Street, MILTON QLD 4064

The sun finally showed its bright, warm smile last Saturday so the other travel bunnie and I decided to get rid off our SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and bathe ourselves with sunlight. We headed out to breakfast.

A nice stroll alongside the Brisbane River took us to Comfort at My Table, a much talked about breakfast place located in Milton.

The bunnies rocked up without a reservation, which meant that we had to be placed on a waiting list for around an hour. The wait wasn’t half as bad because we hopped over (hand in hand of course) to a book shop nearby and read Jane Webster’s new book on her ‘not-so-shabby’ life living in a Château in Normandy.

Big servings can be expected here which we didn’t mind at all as we were on the edge of starvation from all the walking and waiting while daydreaming about la belle Paris.

I thoroughly enjoyed my frothy mocha served in a chocolate dripping…bowl, which was considered as icing on the cake for my breakfast – seared pear and walnut French toast. The other travel bunny played safe and had their eggs Benedict. Let’s just say… there was some serious plate licking involved.

Comfort at My Table is a great concept and a fantastic place to catch up with friends on the weekend over a coffee or two. For those of you who enjoy having a quite Saturday morning, may I suggest Anouk?   











Comfort at My Table on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment