Menya Mappen Noodle Bar | Shop 86, Sunnybank Plaza, SUNNYBANK QLD 4109

By Sunday afternoon, I still hadn’t even driven our new car (mostly because I was scared as I was so used to driving my trusty and compact Echo).  The other travel bunnie gave me an ultimatum, so I decided to take the car (and the hub) for a drive to Sunnybank - a route that I am pretty familiar with.

The drive was pleasant despite my rigid posture and the fact that I almost drove into a wall before I even left our car park.

By the time I got to Sunnybank, my hands were so sweaty that they made the steering wheel slippery.  I needed a bowl of warm noodles to calm myself down, so I stopped the car in front of Menya Mappen Noodle Bar, a quaint and cosy Japanese eatery that provides good quality noodles with friendly price tags.

The whole ordering process is like an efficient production line.  You order the type of noodles that you want, take a tray, select your sides and any toppings and then pay at the counter.  Next, you find one of the wooden chairs to sit on and voila, you’re ready to eat!

You will find that the broth at this eatery is flavoursome and the udon noodles (which we both ordered) are well textured.  My favourite of the night was the red bean dessert cake made into a shape of a fish.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $20.50











Menya Mappen Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment