The Farm Wholefoods | 30 Festival Place, NEWSTEAD QLD 4006

I was doing my usual weekly grocery shopping at the Gasworks, wondering why we don’t have a Whole Foods Market here in Australia when I noticed The Farm Wholefoods, a chain from Sydney. 

A few days later, I was back with the family to check it out. The menu promised a nice selection of fresh and tasty options using the best ingredients sourced from local suppliers & producers. They are seeking to make eating healthy a habit, without compromising on taste. I was completely down for that, especially given that warmer days are just around the corner (being in sunny Queensland and all). 

The dining space itself is delightful with neutral tones of white and pale wood. The high ceilings and lighting make the eatery feel extremely refreshing and welcoming. A glass cabinet at the front displayed a variety of salads and sandwiches. At the back of the eatery, you can pick up supplies including raw paleo bars, chia seed puddings and juices. 

Orders are to be placed at the counter; easy and convenient. The Farm is famous for their Farm Bowls so I ordered a ‘Glow’ made with salmon, quinoa, kale, avocado, pickled ginger and Japanese dressing ($18) and a ‘Feast’ for the other travel bunnie who is more of a meat-lover. The ‘Feast’ was presented like a colourful palette; filled with pulled pork, smashed potato, toasted corn & red cabbage slaw ($16), the dish was packed with flavour and absolutely satisfying. The salmon in my Glow bowl had the perfect crispy skin and the portion was so generous I was slightly surprised by the price tag. I loved the Glow bowl. It was light yet very fulfilling, and the Japanese dressing worked brilliantly with the salmon. The Farm also caters for little farmers so you can get a ham & cheese toastie or scrambled eggs on toast for $6. Minibun George devoured the ham & cheese toastie in no time at all. 

You can also find yummy smoothies there. I tried a caramel chai on the day made with organic chai bomb, tahini, maple syrup, banana & coconut milk ($10). It was very good. Hmm… I somehow have a feeling that I might become addicted to this place.

Disclaimer: with thanks to The Farm Wholefoods for welcoming DolceBunnie and the family to the property as invited guests, please note that my opinion is as always, my own.














The Farm Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment