NaÏm on Melbourne | 109 Melbourne Street, SOUTH BRISBANE QLD 4101

For those of you who absolutely love Naïm in Paddington, formerly known as Shouk - yes, that awesome brunch place that got so popular, so quickly and at times, can be so difficult to get a table. Well, you’d be happy to know that they have opened up Naïm on Melbourne.  

I was immediately drawn to its interior with greenery cascading down the walls and brass detail contrasting against the green tiles. Stepping inside the arched doorways, you’ll find a chic and small-scale place with a fantastic selection of simple Middle Eastern inspired dishes. The menu here is very different to the one available at its older sister cafe in Paddington. Fresh and colourful salads decorate the glass cabinet where you’ll also find delicious pastries sitting on top of the counter. 

We started with a latte and a house-made chai which tasted absolutely wonderful. It was just what I needed on a chilly morning. Following the staff’s recommendation, I ordered rice pudding ($10) for myself and as for mum, I got her the Kusheri ($17.50) - an Egyptian dish made with cinnamon spiced brown rice, lentils, chickpeas & caramelised onion on a beetroot & tahini puree, then topped with spicy tomato sauce, chopped herbs, crispy fried onion & barberries. The kusheri looked so vibrant and healthy, I could actually smell the mix of different spices and ingredients from across the table. I wasn’t jealous though, as I was more than happy with my rice pudding. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting much for ten dollars. But much to my surprise, the serving portion was very generous. The cardamom and cinnamon rice pudding was topped with gluten free crumble and raspberry coulis - a simple yet very delicious combination. 

I think my mum prefers the usual bacon and eggs breakfast much more and she wasn’t really used to the idea having something so ‘exotic’ for breakfast. I personally think Naim on Melbourne is a little gem and a fantastic alternative for those days when you just need a breakfast of bacon and eggs. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $37.10











Naïm on Melbourne Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment