Fortune Well Sichuan Restaurant | Shop 42, Corner of Mains Road & McCullough Street, SUNNYBANK QLD 4109

If you haven’t noticed, the weather has been particularly cold lately. Ok, maybe not Alaska cold, but pretty cold by Queensland standards. I always crave spicy food when it’s cold, so I asked the other travel bunnie if he was interested in taking the car for a drive to Sunnybank to have some Sichuan food. Fortune Well was where we ended up. I’d read some mixed reviews online so I was being a little skeptical, and it annoyed me when we got there at six o’clock only to be told that we had to wait for our table despite our reservation as they had given the table away to some people that had come in before us, thinking that they would be finished by the time of our arrival. Luckily the wait was overly long. 

We were there for one dish - Chef’s Special Chilli Fish Fillets ($36.80). The dish came out in a big porcelain bowl with dried chilli swimming in spicy chilli oil that was bubbling like a hot spring. It was visually satisfying. Taste wise, it was a tasty dish and the basa fillets were super soft, but I felt like the dish wasn’t spicy enough. Now I know what you’re thinking right now, girl are you insane? The fish was drowning in chilli. It looked that way, I agree, but somehow there was no numbing sensation whatsoever, which was slightly disappointing, but nonetheless it’s a dish that I would recommend. We got a lot of fish for our money, that dish could easily feed three adults, and because my eyes are always bigger than my tummy, I also ordered boiled chicken with green onions and chilli oil ($10.60), stir fried green beans with pork mince ($14.50), Sichuan dandan noodles with pork mince ($5.80) and some rice ($2 each)… it was perhaps a little overkill, however we did manage to finish most of the food as the rest of the dishes were pretty yummy. 

I wouldn’t mind exploring some other Sichuan cuisine options around this part of town, but I think Fortune Well is a pretty solid choice.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $77.70











Fortune Well Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment