My Travel Essentials: The Beauty Bag Chapter

Eat well, travel often” is one of my all-time favourite mottos in life.  I feel so blessed to have the opportunities to travel the world and discover many wonderful dishes along the way. Today, I’d like to share what’s inside of my beauty bag when I’m packing for a trip. Take a peek inside:

1. Marvis Toothpaste in Jasmine Mint: often known as the Hermes of toothpastes. Made in Florence, Italy, this toothpaste makes the daily ritual of brushing my teeth a luxury pleasure with its long lasting sensation of minty goodness and sweet, floral note. I find it especially useful after a long-haul flight. Hey, do I have flowers growing in my mouth?

2. Dior Crème Apricot Fortifying Cream for nails: a rich, creamy salve with a yummy apricot scent that nourishes and conditions cuticles, and it comes in a pretty limited-edition container in the colour rouge.

3. Aesop Marrakech Intense Parfum: launched in 2014, the seduction begins with a duet of Italian Bergamot and cardamom, then it’s as if you walk past a field of neroli, jasmine and rose. The scent is strikingly seductive and mysterious, yet unique. It’s unlike any other perfume that I’ve ever owned and every time I dab even the tiniest amount on the nape of my neck, it transports me far away.

4. Mason Pearson Black Bristle Brush: Mason Pearson have been making luxurious rubber cushion hairbrushes since the 19th century, and each brush is still hand made to ensure the qualities that made the original models classics remain in their modern range. The tufts are made from pure boar bristle and its cute size is extremely travel friendly. Bye-bye bad hair!

5. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil: This oil is legendary.  It nourishes, repairs and softens the skin while smelling absolutely divine thanks to the essential oils packed in the bottle (think sweet almond and camellia). It’s super lightweight and a little goes a long way. I use it on my face, body and hair when I travel to minimise the bottles of skincare that I have to pack.

6. Banana Boat Ultra SPF 50+: it doesn’t matter if you’re a sun loving beach-goer or slow-paced sightseeing wanderer (because I can be both, depending on the location), sunscreen to me, is a must. When it comes to sunscreen, I just want a reliable one that’s long-lasting and provides high protection. The newly launched Banana Boat Ultra SPF 50+ is the most advanced sun protection released by the company (I know you are probably singing the banana boat song in your head right now  ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬  ) It’s simple to use in either a lotion or clear spray. I love the fact that it has a non-greasy formula which means my dresses wont’ stick to me like I just had a layer of icing spread on my body. Oh and did I mention it’s water resistant for up to 4 hours? **Disclaimer:Product sponsored**. 

7. Charlotte Tilbury’s The Golden Goddess Set: inspired by beach beauties Ursula Andress and Gisele Bündchen, this look can be adapted to work for day or night. Let’s face it, I was already sold when I saw the pretty makeup bag that comes with the set.

8. Chanel Le Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder SPF 15: a multi-purpose powder that blends seamlessly with my skin. I use it for contour or simply to give my face a fresh, velvet finish to create a no-makeup makeup look.

9. Caudalie Beauty Elixir: Call it what you will, but I think it’s magic water in a bottle. I love the minty, herbal smell thanks to the formula of this product involving a blend of orange blossom, rose, grape, balm mint and rosemary. This part-serum, part-toner spray comes in regular size (100ml) and travel size (30ml). One spray is all I need to get my skin glowing. The spray is also perfect for setting makeup, because I never want to reapply my makeup during the day when I have a tight schedule planned to discover a new destination. 

10. Bioderma Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire Cleanser: this product requires little introduction. It’s the best makeup remover I have ever tried. It’s fragrance free and extremely gentle on the skin yet highly effective. Enough said.








Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment