Cru Bar & Cellar | 22 James Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006

I had almost forgotten how good uni life was until recently when I enrolled into a French course at UQ. Three weeks into the semester, I was told that class will not be held for two weeks due to uni break. Finally, I was able to have breakfast with the bunnie hubby on Saturday again.

I decided to utilise the day to its fullest, so I had a movie date planned. But before that, there was brunch at Cru Bar & Cellar

The other travel bunnie and I are not big drinkers but Cru Bar & Cellar has this big, sparkling chandelier, which somehow made me want to visit the place for ages. The brunch menu is available from 10am to 1pm on Saturday and Sunday, and the menu seems pretty good.

I ordered the gorgonzola blue cheese & mushroom omelette w' smoked tomato relish & toast ($12.50) and the other travel bunnie had their petit eye fillet sandwich, rocket, whipped chèvre, avocado, onion jam, chilli tomato relish & fries ($16.50). Both of us ordered coffees to start off with and they arrived in no time.

As for my blue cheese and mushroom omelette, I thought that the smoked tomato relish was a bit out of place and I didn't really enjoy the omelette. The other travel bunnie's dish tasted great but. (**Beginning of a bunnie's gibberish ranting: the other travel bunnie always orders “the better dish”, which inevitably ends up with me stealing his food. Ain't love grand? End of a bunnie's gibberish ranting**)
Service was pleasant, but perhaps next time we will only be there for a drink or two.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $37.

















Cru Bar & Cellar on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. You are looking more and more stylish every time I see you girly!!
    Ahh I really need to get back into blogging and try some new places!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo ^ ^

      Yes missy you should definitely get back into it. I absolutely love your blog and I miss reading it!

      PS. I'm so happy for you!!!

      Delete