Cabiria Luncheonette and Oyster Bar, The Barracks, Petrie Terrace, BRISBANE QLD 4000

On the morning of our departure to Thailand, we went to Cabiria for breakfast. 
It was a beautiful morning, the sun was out and the sky was blue without a single cloud in sight. We decided to sit at one of their wooden high tables for two outside to enjoy the weather that our home city had to offer. I admit that I had great expectations from Cabiria as this place was recommended by one of the staff at Peasant. 

I knew something wasn't right when the waiter came out with a cappuccino in his hand and said "latte" with a puzzled face. The other travel bunny rarely has coffee and I felt extremely sorry for him because that cup of coffee turned out to be bitter and watery. I think something went wrong during the coffee making process as my latte was perfect. 

Our Croque Monsieur: grilled gypsy ham, gruyere & bechamel ($14.00) and Baked Eggs w' smoked tomato, spinach, gruyere and parmesan ($15.00) were presented so well but the croque monsieur in particular tasted plain and oily. Baked eggs were good but nothing that would leave you lingering for more. 

I suppose Cabiria is more of an oyster bar rather than a place to go to for Saturday breakfast. 












Cabiria Luncheonette and Oyster Bar on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment