Confit Bistro, 4/9 Doggett Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006

I don’t get the opportunity to eat breakfast at a chef hatted restaurant every morning, so when that opportunity existed, I made sure that sufficient food was consumed. *winks*

Confit Bistro is located on a corner street in the James Street precinct. I remember reading their menu the night before and was immediately attracted to the idea of a mixture of honeycomb, mascarpone, fresh berries and vanilla scented pancakes ($17.90) and to be honest, the price is no different to what most popular cafes charge these days.

The interior of this contemporary French restaurant isn’t fancy shmancy, if anything, it feels humble. We sat opposite each other in one of their booths next to the window; the warmth of the morning sun on my face felt so relaxing.

The kitchen had ran out of fresh berries and instead, the chef offered chocolate Persian fairy floss and malted milk ice cream, to which I immediately, without a single doubt, said yes, yes, yes!

The other travel bunny ordered a special of the day, which was eggs benedict on pork belly with confit potatoes and various other veggies (18.90) I saw a beaming smile on his face when he cut opened the egg, when the golden colour egg yolks slowly covered up pieces of these succulent pork belly. I’m sure that would make anyone smile.

As for my pancakes, they were the fluffiest I’ve ever seen. Everything tasted so good, I couldn’t finish my plate and yet I felt like I hadn’t eaten enough.

If you’re a regular breakfast goer like these bunnies and want to try something different, somewhere other than a hip, crowded café, perhaps you can check out Confit.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $45.00










Confit Bistro on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment