Todd & Pup | Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Todd & Pup was our first dining outing since we got back from our trip to China a week ago. The China trip was great, we did a lot and ate a lot, but by the end of the trip, I was craving for tastes that I had grown to be familiar with, simple things like scrambled eggs, avo on toast, and a nice pour made with frothy, creamy milk. Fresh milk, and not the UHT kind. 

Todd & Pup was the right fix that my body needed to cure that craving. Located on a fairly quiet suburban street in Moorooka, Todd & Pup seemed cosy and inviting with delicious smells of freshly baked pastries and ground coffee filling the air. We found a wooden bench at the back and straight away started studying the menu. We were told that it was the first day of their winter menu release, how lucky! Sipping on a cup of skilfully poured latte, my tummy wanted me to order everything as the menu simply sounded too good, but the rational side of me decided to go with avo toast ($19) -  something I craved while travelling overseas. What arrived on my plate? Perfectly sliced avocado carefully placed on sourdough with crunchy almond pieces sprinkled on top, accompanied by crumbed fried brie that was warm and gooey inside, cranberry sauce and a soft-centred poached egg. You bet it tasted good. 

The other travel bunnie went with fried chicken Benedict - buttermilk & chilli fried chicken, smoked bacon, poached eggs, collard greens, sriracha hollandaise on brioche ($18). It was such an irresistibly looking dish, and honestly, fried chicken for breakfast, I say why not?! As for Minibun George, he was immersed in his own little world with a strawberry babyccino and a plate of fluffy scrambled eggs with crispy bacon ($10).  

Todd & Pup is one of those places that you can’t help but like - the friendly and chilled service, the deliciously menu, the relaxed atmosphere, and not to mention satisfyingly tasty food. They’ve done everything right.  Before I finished my meal, I was already deciding on what to order on my next visit, the sticky date waffles served with butterscotch, roasted pears, walnut and vanilla bean creme fraiche for sure. Yep,  that dish had my name written all over it. 


Disclaimer: with thanks to Todd & Pup for welcoming us to the property as invited guests, please note that my opinion is as always, my own.




Check out the video ↓






















Todd & Pup Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment