The Bounty Restaurant & Bar | 6/165 Baroona Road, ROSALIE QLD 4064

Given all of the rain we have been experiencing I though I would capitalise on gloomy whether by trying out the new kid on the block at Rosalie – The Bounty for breakfast.

The Bounty occupies the old site of Rosa’s Mexicano (and a few before that for those who know the area) which has been fantastically re-invigorated by Cameron Murchison (previously of Esquire) into a cool, New Yorker style casual eating spot. I particularly loved use of cooper, wood and stone throughout the open and airy dining space.

Now down to business, I ordered the smoked trout, asparagus, coddled egg ($18) and the other bunnie decided on chorizo hash, fried egg ($16).  We also elected for sparkling water upon being seated at our table (as we liked the concept of free carbonated water that is offered to at Blackboard) but were a little shocked to find out that Bounty offers ‘unlimited’ sparkling water at $5 per person.  Needless to say the other bunnie found his second stomach to ensure that we got value out of our $10 Aqua Chiara. Starting with my dish, I was immediately a little taken back when the plate (and I should say that the plates used and techniques on offer in both dishes meant that the meals screamed ‘take my picture’) was short my smoked trout. Now I know it was raining a lot but I am pretty sure that my fish had swum away before it got to my fork.  I enquired about my missing food to one of the waiters who initially thought that the fish roes atop the dish were in fact the smoked trout. He was mistaken as after devouring my dish (and I have to say it was a delicious dish with a great balance of flavours) I showed a picture of the dish to the manager who immediately confirmed that I didn’t get my smoked trout. Shock horror! Thankfully he scrubbed this dish from the bill but I was a little sad that I didn’t experience the full impact of the dish. The other bunnie’s chorizo hash was also another unique combination of flavours and he commented that the texture of the smokey chorizo filling was a welcome change to standard breakfast fair.  Finally, I can also confirm that my cappuccino ($3.50) was good.

I think that I will have to go back to The Bounty again perhaps for lunch or dinner as I am sure that one slippery piece of smoked trout should not discourage what is otherwise looking to be a great food venue in the inner suburbs.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $29.50 (after the smoked trout was taken off the bill)











Bounty Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment