Ilias the Greek!

Ilias the Greek, you had me at yiasou.

I came home yesterday to find a delivery filled with award winning sweet treats and you made my night. The only problem was, I didn't know which one to have first (although the problem was quickly solved when the other travel bunnie and I decided to devour them all).

I loved these sweets which are made based on traditional family recipes, and it's the icing on the cake (or is it the syrup on the baklava?) that you use local produce and sustainable methods of production. I found it difficult to pick a favourite; the nougat was generously packed with crunchy almonds, pistachios and cranberries, the baklava was nutty, sweet yet not overly syrupy, and don't even get me started on the halva because I love-love-loved it! The other travel bunnie who assures me he has tried more greek sweets than anyone else I know, said that everything tasted so authentic and homely.

I can't wait to see you guys at the Good Food & Wine Show this weekend for some plate smashing (and stocking up on more sweet treats)!


*Disclaimer: these sweets were provided courtesy of Illias the Greek. They will exhibit at the Brisbane Good Food & Wine Show between 17 – 19 October at T28. 








Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment