Shucked Coffee House | 9 Creswell Street, NEWSTEAD QLD 4006

I can't remember the last time the other travel bunnie and I went out for breakfast without having to actually look up my blog to refresh my memory. It's been just over four weeks since minibun George joined this family and I had been hesitant to take him out for food in fear that he would cry non-stop at the restaurant and therefore draw unnecessary attention to two nervous first-time parents; being the other travel bunnie and I.

So when I saw the invitation to try out the new winter menu at Shucked Coffee House created by their newly appointed head chef, Corey Riches, I interpreted it as a sign that it was about time for the three of us to venture out for food together for the first time.

The other travel bunnie and I had been to Shucked Coffee House once before, and I can't say that it was the experience that I was quite hoping for. There was nothing wrong with the food, but we happened to visit around the time that the New York Times noted the joint as one of the “17 things that you must do in Brisbane”, and oh my, it was busy.

So this time around we made sure that we got there early to avoid the morning rush given that we had a potential cry monster on board. As it turned out, breakfast was perfect.

We started the the morning with a latte ($3.50) and a pot of Prana Chai ($4.50) with soy milk. I'm a big lover of chai and take my word for it, that was the best pot of chai I've ever tasted.

The new breakfast menu, in my opinion, puts a twist on all the familiar breakfast favourites. I also have to say that I love the names of the dishes. We settled for Harry's Hash ($18) which comes with sweet potato hash w' bacon, wilted spinach, tomato relish and poached egg, and Stone the Crows ($16) – corn fritters w' guacamole, tomato salsa & sour cream dressing with a side of bacon ($4). Both dishes were visually enticing and tasty, not to mention that the egg was poached to perfection. If I had to fault the dishes, then I would say that I would’ve preferred the sweet potato hash to be slightly more crispy, but that's just a personal choice. The other bunnie also commented that the corn fritters were perfectly crunchy while still providing a solid base for a light but filling brekkie.

During the month of July, being Brisbane's Good Food Month, every weekday you can enjoy a 2 course breakfast with coffee or tea for just $20. Who wouldn't say no to that?

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $23.50

Disclaimer: this bunnie was welcomed to Shucked Coffee House as a guest, however my opinion is as always, my own. The other travel bunnie paid for his breakfast. 














Shucked Coffee House on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment