Howzat Burger | 510 Adelaide Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

When Phillip Johnson opened his pop-up eatery called Howzat Burger back in January this year, I never had an opportunity to visit it as work was located all the way down at the other end of the town, and as a consequence I was kicking myself.

Inevitably, when I found out that the burger joint is no longer just a pop-up and would open from Tuesday to Friday every week, the first thing I wanted to do during my maternity leave was to take a leisurely walk to the top of Adelaide Street and get myself a massive, juicy burger. And that's exactly what I did with the other travel bunnie last week, right before an appointment with my obstetrician.

So the walk seemed like it had taken forever under the burning midday sun and by the time I had waddled my way to Howzat Burger, I was exhausted, but only to realise that the it was packed and the queue was almost out the door.

The other travel bunnie and I scored a table five minutes later, where he enjoyed The Don: grain-fed beef, cheddar cheese, vine ripened tomato, iceberg lettuce and mayo($10) and I devoured a Mexican Wave: roast pork belly, classic slaw, cos lettuce and chipotle mayo($10) with a side of fries, chilli & salt ($5) and house made horseradish mayo ($0.75). I wasn't overwhelmed with my burger, as both the pork belly and the classic slaw were relatively tasteless, however the chipotle mayo certainly helped to spice up the flavours. I also took a massive bite of The Don. The meat patty was thick and juicy, and with the combination of the fresh ingredients, it was definitely a winner.

The lunch was good, although I can't see myself going back to anytime soon due to its inconvenient location for me to waddle all the way to when Grill'd is literally just downstairs.

PS. for those of you who can't make it all the way to Howzat Burger at lunch, you can always get one of their burgers at the Eat Street Markets on the weekend.


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $25.75









Howzat Burger on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Mate, you must be due really soon. Good luck and I'm sorry we didn't get to catch up recently. I definitely love the don, it's just a classic burger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anthony :) Yes, not long to go now, very exciting!

      Delete