Chop Chop Chang's | 185 Boundary Street, WEST END QLD 4101

Could Chop Chop Chang's be Brisbane's answer to the ever so popular Chin Chin?


I had this very question on my mind the whole time we were on our way there.

Occupying quite a large and open space on the busy Boundary Street in West End, Chop Chop Chang's serves pan Asian street food. Each table has a bottle of Sriracha sauce by Huy Fong Foods proudly placed in the middle of it so I instantly had a good feeling about the joint.

The lunch menu is simple but the options are filled with your everyday south-east flavours, like nahm jim, chilli, lime and thai basil.

We sipped on an iced Vietnamese coffee ($4.50) and a ginger beer ($4), while sharing their karaage ginger, garlic chicken w' iceberg and karashi mayo ($12) as an appetiser. The crispy chicken was well marinated and extremely juicy inside, and the fresh iceberg lettuce certainly added a nice texture to each bite.

It was a little difficult to decide on the mains as every dish on the menu had its own uniqueness. We eventually settled on the crispy roast pork, aromatic master stock, choi sum and egg noodles ($18) and twice cooked sticky beef ribs w' hot sour herb salad ($22). The crispy roast pork was tender and the skin was perfectly crispy, but I struggled to understand why the beautiful pork was placed into a bowl of broth which almost immediately soaked the crispy skin making it soggy and a little rubbery. I personally think that the dish was pretty boring for $18, but my disappointment was quickly erased by the deliciousness of the sticky beef ribs. Those melt in your mouth, fall off the bone sticky beef ribs. Words can't even begin to describe how much I liked that dish and yes, I was really close to licking the plate at the end of the meal.

Lunch at Chop Chop Chang's was definitely above my expectations and while it's hard to convince myself that I've found Brisbane's answer to Chin Chin, this pan-Asian eatery has without a doubt made it to my list of regular eating spots.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $60.50











Chop Chop Chang's on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment