Hatch & Co | Gasworks Plaza, Newstead Qld 4006

We had my mum over last weekend for Riverfire, which she had never seen before.  So, to make the weekend a memorable experience for her, the other travel bunnie and I got up early on Saturday and took our new baby Rangie down to the coast to pick up mum.  

We made a reservation at Hatch & Co for lunch well in advance, as a few weekends before when we went there they were fully booked and we were left feeling a little disappointed. The waitress had reserved a nice corner table for us in the alfresco dining area.  It had rained just an hour earlier and the smell of earth after the rain lingered in the exceptionally fresh air, I couldn’t help myself but to take a deep breath.  I felt content. 

When the waitress came over, we ordered the Pork cheek ragu, chilli, garlic and parsley hand cut pappardelle ($22), Whole crispy fried, market fish (which was snapper), sauce vierge, garlic aioli ($42) with a side of garlic broccolini ($9). The meals came fairly quickly given how busy the restaurant was.  I was impressed with the presentation of the fried fish, which I shared with mum.  She, on the other hand, was hooked on the side salad that came with the fish and left me devouring most of the fish on my own.  The flesh of the fish was a little dry, but the garlic aioli rescued it. The other travel bunnie was quite impressed with his ragu with the pork cheek being extremely tender and the fresh pasta being exactly what he was looking for. 

I can see why Hatch & Co. is such a popular spot for lunch, especially on the weekends.  Its laid-back ambience draws in crowds who go there for efficient service and a nice feast with a friendly price tag. 

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $81.50















Hatch & Co on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment