Zum Kaiser | 416 Vulture Street, WOOLLOONGABBA QLD 4169

The crisp winter chill at night calls for comfort food. Last Friday, I had a sudden urge for eating a big pork knuckle. We've been to a number of places in the city where you can get quality juicy pork knuckles with sauerkraut. So the other travel bunnie decided to take me somewhere different, and we ended up at Zum Kaiser at the Brisbane German Club in Woolloongabba.

I had never been to the Brisbane German Club before and didn't know what to expect. As we entered the club, I saw a sizable beer hall to my left and it instantly brought me back to my trip to Munich a few years back. We were led to a different part of the club by the waitress, into a room where tables with red tablecloths are neatly lined up one after another, next to the square windows decorated by white lace curtains.

After the other travel bunnie had placed our order at the counter, he brought back a salted pretzel ($4) for us to nibble on while waiting for our mains. I've never been a fan of beer, but that night, I tried a banana flavoured beer and it tasted so yummy!

Our meals arrived soon after. My slow roasted pork hock with fried potatoes, sauerkraut and smoked beer gravy ($25.90) was everything I had hoped for. The pork hock was massive! I didn't know where to start. It's definitely not a dish for the faint hearted. The other travel bunnie opted for a slightly healthier option, chicken schnitzel with chips and salad with extra mushroom sauce ($17.90). I didn't have any room left in my stomach to try any but apparently it was a good dish.

Zum Kaiser will undoubtedly be a regular for the bunnies this winter.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $61.80














Zum Kaiser, Brisbane German Club on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment