The Roll Shop, Shop 2 88 Creek Street, BRISBANE QLD 4000

I really wanted to try banh mi when I was in New York (apparently there is a really good shop in Soho), but we had so much to do (and eat) and we just didn't have enough time to get around to it.

So when I saw one of Hungry Kittens' post on a Vietnamese eatery called The Roll Shop, I called the other travel bunnie on speed dial and demanded that we try it out for lunch.

The Roll Shop is located in Gresham Laneway amongst a number of other popular lunch-time eateries. It is actually more of a takeaway shop with a few tables provided on the walk path. The wallpaper used in the shop is really cool, it sets the perfect background of a typical Vietnamese street.

I ordered a BBQ pork bahn mi ($6) with hot chillies which was packed with tasty pickled carrots, cucumber and coriander. The Roll Shop's banh mi has definitely left a good impression. As for the other travel bunnie, he had roast crackling pork com tam ($6), which in his opinion was as good as the banh mi. I also tried the Vietnamese iced coffee ($4), it was strong and perfect for a mid-day perk-me-up.

I'm excited about going back to The Roll Shop for lunch this week and ordering an avocado milkshake to go with a lemongrass chicken banh mi!

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $18










Roll Shop on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment