South Bank Surf Club | 30AA Stanley Plaza, SOUTH BRISBANE QLD 4101

Last Sunday was perhaps the sunniest and warmest day that we've had for a long time, which inevitably made it the perfect day out for a nice, filling breakfast outing.

Where to go? This seems like a question that we always struggle to come up with an answer for. I wanted somewhere relaxing, somewhere nice and it had to have a view.

We took a nice stroll to Streets Beach at South Bank and that's when I spotted the South Bank Surf Club. Yes, I know the name doesn't inspire mental images of a breakfast place and its certainly not somewhere that would serve up a good cup of coffee, but don't let the name fool you. At least, we had a great time time.

Unlike a lot of surf clubs, this one felt fresh and breezy, not to mention that it had a great panorama of the city skyline, the Brisbane River, the man-made beach filled with laughing families and bright bougainvilleas.

The sweet-bitterness of the iced coffee gave me an instant cooling sensation as it smoothy went down my throat. I'm quite picky with my coffee and I must admit, that iced-coffee was oh-so-fine. Breakfast came fairly quickly, orange and cinnamon breakfast risotto w' vanilla mascarpone ($12) for me and The Stock Standard – scrambled free-ranged eggs with Barossa Valley bacon with toasted sourdough ($14.50).

The whole thing turned out to be really delicious. I thought my breakfast risotto was slightly on the heavy side (probably due to the generous serving) so the other travel bunnie and I swapped our meals with each other at half-time, we had a good balance of everything.

I can see myself coming back here for breakfast time and time again. When the value is good, the food tastes superb and the view is amazing, wouldn't you?

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $34.














South Bank Surf Club on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment