Alfred and Constance, Corner of Alfred & Constance Streets, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006

Friday last week was a very exciting day, a day on which the other travel bunnie and I scheduled our first movie date since we've been married. Even before I started my french lessons, I'd developed a deep fascination for French films. When we were in New York, I saw a trailer of 'Farewell, My Queen', a movie with a storyline centred on the life of Marie Antoinette. Luckily the Brisbane French Film Festival is on at the moment and 'Farewell, My Queen' is amongst many of the French films screening.

After seeing the movie at Palace Centro on James Street, we wandered along the street and thought about where to go for dinner to satisfy our empty stomaches.

And so we decided on Alfred & Constance. It was about time.

Set in two classic Queenslanders, Alfred & Constance is like an über cool combination of restaurant and bars. The drinks are fun and creative. I had the roast pork roll with apple sauce, red wine jus & hand cut coleslaw with chips ($11.90) and the other travel bunnie enjoyed the slow wood roasted butterflied leg of lamb with garlic, oregano & salt crust ($29). Both were good but I thought mine was better given the quantity, the price and the taste. The food was affordable, although not overly delicious.

I like Alfred & Constance, not only for its food, but also for its drinks. My Flower Fizz ($16), a cocktail of elderflower liqueur, house made lemon syrup, orange bitters and sparkling wine, was so refreshing and delicious.

Alfred & Constance is overpopulated with hipsters, perhaps not a good place for a romantic date but it's definitely a good way to get a weekend started.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $65




















Alfred and Constance on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment