Ann Gyoza Bar, Shop 26 Emporium 1000 Ann Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006


I found out through a colleague of mine that a new izakaya styled gyoza bar has recently been opened in the Emporium complex named Ann.

I had to try it out.

So last Friday I dragged the other travel bunnie to this small yet cosy place in the Valley. Decorated with wood and sake containers, the gyoza bar felt inviting and traditional.

The menu isn't extensive, focusing on gyoza but also offering dishes like chicken karage and various yakitori. We were extremely hungry and we ordered four different kinds of gyoza, prawn and scallop yakitori and on top of all that, we also had okonomiyaki.

Before the yakitori arrived at table, the waitress brought us three different dipping sauces: wasabi mayonnaise, miso mayonnaise and the third one, well as for the third one I had already tuned out at that stage because that's when the tantalising prawn yakitori arrived. Shortly thereafter followed the rest of our meals. The gyoza were presented in front of us on little sizzling plates, our waitress then poured aromatic dressing on top of them and the smoke that came up from the plates was basically begging me to eat the gyoza, and of course, I obliged.

The food was great. Simple, traditional and unpretentious. I felt that I was in Japan for a sec there.

Even better, Ann hasn't got their liquor licence just as yet, which means BYO all you want.

I must admit that Ann is doing extremely well in terms of both service and the quality of food, for a newly opened restaurant, there's very little that I could fault, if anything at all.

Watch out, Harajuku Gyoza...

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $64. 












Ann Gyoza Bar on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment