Day trip to Nice, Côte d'Azur, FRANCE


I don't want to start every blog post on Europe by saying “Ahh...” but seriously, Europe has a special place in my heart because that's where I caught an incurable sickness which requires very expensive and time-consuming treatments to keep me sane and happy. Yes, it's called the Travel Bug Syndrome.

Nice is one of my favourite places in the world and I swear that the flowers there are brighter than others and the lettuce used in their salade niçoise are somehow more crisp and fresh and of course, the water, crystal clear and amazingly blue.

This cosmopolitan city is a mix of old and new, I personally prefer the old town where you can loose yourself in alleyways and or sip on a cup of coffee in a tiny bistro somewhere.

I travelled there by train from Grasse for only a few euros and it took me directly to Nice's main station, Gare Nice Ville in less than an hour. The station was really busy and you do have to watch out for pick-pocketers. To get to old town from the station, you can walk along Av Jean Médecin. I went there in the middle of summer and the beach was full of tourists and beach-bums getting sun burned the perfect Mediterranean tan.

The pebble beach in Nice stretches for miles along the French coastline, so don't hope for beautiful golden sand on the beach. You can however, go to private beaches and rent a sun lounger for about €15 a day.

Going up to Parc du Chateau will give you a bird's-eye view of the old town and the beachfront. If you don't want to take the stairs, then a cliffside lift is available for €1 to get you up there.

Don't quote me on the prices above, after all it has been two years since I've been there but you are more than welcome to look at the beautiful photos below:


























View Larger Map

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment