Belle Epoque Patisserie, 1000 Ann Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006

Paris fascinates me. I love the 6th arrondissement, the colourful macarons sitting in the display windows of Ladurée and Pierre Hermé, the aroma of escargots in garlic butter, the narrow alleyways that take you to all sorts of wonderful places. I love how you can still find traces of the Belle Époque, the music, the dresses and dances shared between Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald.

 

When I walked past Belle Époque Patisserie on my way to lunch at Ristorante Tartofu, I knew that I had to go there.

 

This café is small but intimate. Breakfast was simple, ham and cheese croissant ($6.50), breakfast bagel ($7.50), a pot of Earl Grey ($4.50) and a cappuccino ($3.90). It reminded us of the morning when we had breakfast on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées.

 

It was such a beautiful morning. He read the finance section and I flipped through the property section wondering why everything’s so expensive here and for the same amount of money we could’ve purchase a nice villa on an island somewhere in Greece.

 

It was hard to pass on the desserts at Belle Époque, so I ordered two macarons ($2.50 each) and a strawberry tart with vanilla mascarpone cream ($8.50). Their salted caramel macaron was so good.

 

Belle Époque Patisserie isn’t the sort of place to go to if you are after big hearty breakfast, but it’s perfect for a piece of Paris












Belle Epoque Patisserie on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment