Jellyfish, 123 Eagle Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

Jellyfish is my new favourite restaurant in town. Why haven't I tried it sooner?

The restaurant is classy but without any pretentiousness. The patrons all seemed happy and relaxed. I love places like that. It has breathtakingly beautiful views of the illuminated story bridge at night. Its staff, vibrant and informative. 

We had salt & pepper squid, chorizo, lemon, parsley, aioli ($26) and tempura soft shell mud crab, spring onion, wasabi mayonaise ($26) for entree. I've never been a big fan of squid, but the soft shell mud crab was so good. 

For main, we had seared Hiramasa Kingfish with cherry tomato compote ($31) and soda battered Goldband snapper with ginger vinaigrette ($31) and kipfler potato, ranch dressing, dill ($8.50)  and white asparagus salad, bacon, pecans ($8.50) on the side. My kingfish tasted very fresh, it was juicy and tender and the cherry tomato compote was a terrific contrast. I also absolutely loved the white asparagus salad, oh yeah, I was chewing on them like they were going out of fashion. 

I always get excited about ordering desserts and when I saw the duck egg creme brulee, custard powder ice cream, biscotti ($17) on the menu, my eyes lit up. I had to have it. The presentation was impressive as it was brought to our table with flame. The texture was so delightfully creamy, it was the perfect creme brulee. And may I add, the CUSTARD POWDER ICE CREAM is a MUST! 

I reeeeeeaaaally enjoyed the dining experience at Jellyfish. Wouldn't mind going there again (*nudge nudge*). 














Jellyfish on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment